|This article is about a/an episode in Garo.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of nudity. Viewer discretion is advised!|
to be added
The story opens on Taisuke Taniyama examining the paintings in the storage of his gallery. Upon investigating the sound of a woman giggling, he finds a beautiful painting of a naked woman, which comes to life, possessing his body.
Kaoru Mitsuki wakes up from a dream involving her being saved by a golden knight as a child, before going to the Art Gallery. While she is hanging up posters in the gallery Taisuke Taniyama, now the host for Anglay, attempts to drag her into the storage room. After having a sudden vision of a Horror, Kaoru hurriedly leaves the gallery.
Kaoru recounts her dream to Karune Ryuzaki, her psychologist. She mentions how in her dream, the last page of her fathers picture book is blank. Her dream is thought to be a sympton of anxiety.
Mayu Tsukimoto speaks to Taisuke Taniyama regarding the possibility of her work being displayed in the gallery. Taniyama agrees to discuss this with her before devouring her.
Upon arriving at the museum, Kouga's ring, Zaruba, senses that the Horror is there somewhere in the building. At first, Kouga mistakenly thinks that Kaoru is the Horror, before using his Madou Lighter to confirm that she is human. Kouga offers to buy a painting in order to get Kaoru out of the room.
Using the pretense of buying another painting to confirm that Taisuke is the Horror's host, Kouga and Anglay battle. After Kouga defeated the Red Knights summoned by Anglay, the horror disposes of its hosts body, before Kouga summons the Garo armor. Unable to escape the room, Kaoru gets showered in horror blood.
At first, Kouga attempts to kill her, as those stained in the blood of Horrors must be cut down, as it is a law of the Makai Order. When Kaoru faints in terror, Kouga hesitates and decides to spare her, deciding to use her as bait to attract and lure more Horrors to him. When she wakes up, she finds the knight standing next to her in her apartment. She is angered by his threat to kill her as well as ruining her big debut as an artist, only for Kouga to say he was serious about what he said about her painting earlier and that he wants to buy it before leaving.
- Kouga Saejima (冴島 鋼牙, Saejima Kōga?): Hiroki Konishi (小西 大樹, Konishi Hiroki?)
- Kaoru Mitsuki (御月 カオル, Mitsuki Kaoru?): Mika Hijii (肘井 美佳, Hijii Mika?)
- Karune Ryuzaki (龍崎 駈音, Ryūzaki Karune?): Masaki Kyomoto (京本 政樹, Kyōmoto Masaki?)
- Gonza Kurahashi (倉橋 ゴンザ, Kurahashi Gonza?): Yukijiro Hotaru (螢 雪次朗, Hotaru Yukijirō?)
- Madou Ring Zaruba (魔導輪ザルバ, Madōrin Zaruba?, Voice): Hironobu Kageyama (影山 ヒロノブ, Kageyama Hironobu?)
- Anglay (アングレイ?)/Taisuke Taniyama (谷山太輔, Taniyama Taisuke?): Toru Minegishi (峰岸 徹, Minegishi Tôru?)
- Woman in the Painting: Emi Kitagawa (北川絵美, Kitagawa Emi?)
- Kaoru Mitsuki (御月 カオル, Mitsuki Kaoru?) (4 Years Old): Kanami Katsuchi (金海勝地, Katsuchi Kanami?)
- Mayu Tsukimoto (月本マユ, Tsukimoto Mayu?): Mika Kojima (ミカの人, Kojima Mika?)
- Garo: Masaki Onishi (大西正樹, Ōnishi Masaki?)
- Anglay/Red Knight: Akira Ohashi (大橋 明, Ōhashi Akira?)
- Red Knight: Akihiro Noguchi (野口彰宏, Noguchi Akihiro?)
- The scene where Kouga equips his armor and walks toward Anglay is paid homage to in the first episode of The Makai Flower, Fossil, when Kouga's son Raiga dons the armor.
Home Video Release
- Garo Season 1 Vol. 1 featured episodes 1-13 on two discs, with English subtitles by Kraken Releasing.
to be added